Skvare specializes in website and customer database development for nonprofits, membership organizations, professional associations, and educational institutions using Drupal and CiviCRM. Since inception in 2008, we have experienced tremendous growth and now have a great opportunity for a Tier One Support specialist to join our team.
Skvare's Core Values
- Be a Problem Solver
- Inspired Self-Accountability
- Convey the Essence
In this role, you will support the Project Management team, and complete technical tasks as needed to support clients and Project Managers. The role will also include client facing support, customer service, and implementing technical solutions. This is an exciting and challenging role that requires both strong technical problem-solving skills, as well as excellent communication and organizational skills. As the Tier One Support Specialist, you will coordinate multiple projects simultaneously. You will act as a liaison between the client and the Skvare team, and will learn Project Management skills while enhancing your technical depth with the open-source software tools used at Skvare.
Support Project Management Team:
- Support Project Managers to complete client projects and ensure project quality.
- Track project milestones, timelines, and deliverables.
- Develop testing scenarios/processes, and complete QA testing and documentation
- Proactively identify opportunities for improving clients’ technology environment and communicate those opportunities to the assigned Project Manager for consideration and presentation to the client.
Client Support and Technical Implementation
- Act as customer service, liaison and translator to clients & team for inbound requests.
- Provide attentive, proactive customer service and support to clients.
- Offer technical support for clients as needed for troubleshooting, reporting, configuration, setup/debugging, or other basic technical issues.
- Complete simple updates when needed (as fall within technical competency).
- Use best judgment to determine if a request needs to be prioritized based on discussion with clients. Work with team/client to expedite requests when needed.
- When the required skill set for a particular task exceeds personal ability to complete, determine the skill set needed and communicate to the assigned Project Manager.
- For large project requests from clients, clarify scope and items needed to enable completion. Organize instructions, content, materials and resources as applicable and communicate to the Project Manager assigned to that client.
- Maintain task lists and work assignments for the queue. Manage tasks as they progress from receipt of request through completion, communicate timing expectations to client and ensure acceptance by the client upon completion.
- Prepare, update and manage documentation needed for job function.
- Solicit feedback from team members about the process, and identify areas for improvement. Communicate successes, obstacles and ideas for improvement to the Project Management team as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred).
- 5+ years technology project implementation, oversight and/or management experience.
- Must possess a general understanding in the areas of application programming, database and system design. Must understand content management systems (CMS), constituent relationship management (CRM) systems.
- Hands-on, technical experience with Drupal and/or CiviCRM is a plus.
- Experience in the nonprofit sector is a real plus.
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter, eager to learn new technologies and skills, and apply creative thinking to technology-related challenges.
- Must be organized, a quick learner, able to prioritize effectively, possess the desire and ability to take initiative, be able to self-manage and to meet deadlines.
- Must possess strong people skills and diplomacy to successfully work with and communicate with clients and team members.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills which will be applied via email, in-person meetings and video/phone discussions.
- Must be able to follow directions and learn quickly while having the desire to grow overall abilities.
- Demonstrate prior results that make you the right candidate
- Describe your approach to client communication and staying organized
- Why are you the best fit for our team?
- What makes you a self-sufficient learner?
- What days/hours are you normally available?
- How many hours per week/month are you available?