The adage says, "You can't have privacy without security, but you can have security without privacy."
What does that really mean, and how can you proactively address both for your organization? With privacy scandals and data breaches grabbing headlines daily, even the smallest organizations must take responsibility for lawful custodianship and protection of personal information. In this training we covered the key elements of privacy and security programs.
Cybersecurity for Nonprofits Learning Objectives:
- How privacy and security concerns intersect and differ
- Risks to assess when evaluating your privacy program
- The definition of "personal information"
- Key privacy laws that may impact your organization
- The top three privacy and security threats and how to mitigate them
Additional Nonprofit Cybersecurity Resources
Here are some related resources we found invaluable while preparing: